COFP Avalanche 2021-2022
Central Oregon Fast Pitch has been serving the Central Oregon community for the past seven years by providing programs for girls and young women to play competitive softball. We continue to grow and are offering more opportunities for girls to play at a high level of softball at the most affordable cost in order to reach all girls. Tryouts for Fall will conclude the end of August with the season running through the first week of October. Spring ball will be for 10U, 12U, 14U teams as the 16/18U girls will be participating in the their High School programs. 16/18U Summer Softball will begin Memorial Day Weekend 2022.
What is the cost?
Cost will be determined per team. The organization offers fundraising opportunities to help defray and or offset some the tuition costs.
Here’s what’s included in your tuition:
- Tuition varies depending on the number of girls on the team and number of tournaments the specific team will be attending.
- Avalanche uniforms – including jersey(s), pants, socks, visor. Girls are responsible for their own mitt, helmet, bat, cleats, facemask and catcher’s gear. Scholarships and assistance with equipment may be available if the criteria set by the board of directors is met
- Equipment for practices and games is provided for each team (balls, t’s, nets, pitching machine, etc.)
- Registration fees for players and coaches
- Travel reimbursement is provided for the head coach
- Cost for field use
Who are we looking for?
Our goal is to teach fundamentals, game strategy and we encourage girls to learn and be proficient in at least 2 positions but also be versatile to play wherever the coach needs the player. Time of play at any position will be up to the coaches based on player skill, performance of opposing team, attendance at practices and games, and player and parent attitude.
Where do we travel?
Most of the teams will play in USA Softball tournaments all over Oregon, possibly Washington, Idaho and Northern California. Some of the teams will also participate in NAFA (North American Fastpitch Association) league games. Most tournaments will take place in the Newberg, OR and surrounding areas. We will have a couple teams participating in PGF (Premier Girls Fastpitch) and USSSA Softball. Those teams will be traveling in OR, WA, NV, AZ, CA and possibly CO.
What is Travel Ball like?
It’s a lot of fun! Most teams practice 2 days per week and then play weekend tournaments. Generally, for tournaments in Oregon, we drive over on a Saturday morning and play two games. Families spend the night in or near the fields we play on, then play 2 or more games on Sunday and then head home that evening/afternoon. Games can be back to back or have an hour or two between them. Games are time regulated (usually about 90 minutes) and number of innings are generally dictated by pace of play.
How do I sign my daughter up? How do I volunteer to coach?
If you are interested and want your name added to the sign up list, please visit www.centraloregonfastpitch.com, click the Contact link and leave your information. You can also email us directly at email@example.com. A representative from COFP will confirm your entry by email.
Are you interested in Coaching?
- If you are interested in coaching in the future or for another team please submit a letter of intent to coach to firstname.lastname@example.org or centraloregonfastpitch.com/contact/